South West Co-operative Development Limited
Data Privacy Notice
South West Co-operative Development Limited (SWCD) is the Data Controller. This means SWCD decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
ICO Number: Z2711408
Purposes of Processing
When you do business with SWCD:
- enquire about our services
- become a client/service user
- attend events or courses
- if you have opted-in to receive marketing and promotional information about SWCD and/or related services.
We need to collect data so that we can provide one or more of the above services to you. The type and quantity of data we collect and how we use it depends on the reason you are providing it.
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide you with consultancy, information, or other services that you have asked us to provide
- To maintain our own accounts and records
- To inform you, with your consent, about our products and services or information that is likely be relevant to you or your organisation
The legal basis for processing your personal data:
In some cases, processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or legal obligation SWCD has with you or with a third party that has agreed with you that they employ us to work with you to deliver a service, or to go through the processes required to enter into a contract. In this case only necessary data is collected, and it is securely stored, and access is restricted to staff who need it.
We may sometimes contract you, outside the scope of any agreed contract, if we feel we can provide you with some relevant and useful information to your work and there is a legitimate interest e.g. funding or training opportunities we feel may benefit you. If you do not want us to contact you about such things, you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com.
SWCD will not use personal information for any purpose not covered by this notice and by our contract with you unless and until we have varied that contract with you and/or issued you with an amended notice
What Data does SWCD collect:
We collect some or all the following personal information from you:
- Your name
- Contact details (e.g. postal address, email address and telephone number)
- Any information relevant to the services may be providing to you
SWCD avoid collecting any unnecessary personal data from you that is not relevant to the service we provide to you.
SWCD also collect the following non-personal information:
- Website analytics data e.g. IP address, pages visited, and files downloaded
- Information used to evaluate our social impact e.g. number of attendees at an event or on a course
- To evaluate and improve the quality of our services, for example via anonymous feedback forms.
How SWCD processes your data:
SWCD has a has a Data Protection Policy in place which outlines appropriate organisational and technical measures to protect personal data, which processers must adhere to. This includes how your personal data is processed, to ensure that data:
- is kept up to date
- is stored and destroying it securely
- is protected from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, and disclosure
To carry out our services, SWCD may ask you to directly provide data in the following ways:
- By online form, email, telephone, postal or in-person
- Voluntarily completing a customer survey
- Using or viewing our website via your browser’s cookies
How long SWCD keep your personal data:
SWCD keeps personal data for no longer than necessary.
For services provided: SWCD are required under UK tax regulations to keep certain basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time any such data we hold will be destroyed.
For enquiries: Data held from general enquiries will be destroyed after 12 months.
For Marketing: In cases where you have you have opted-in to receive marketing and promotion materials SWCD will keep necessary contact data until either:
You notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent
If the service is closed. In this case your data will be kept only inline with our general retention policy, unless you notify us otherwise.
SWCD has review and retention policies in place as part of our Data Protection Policy to meet these obligations.
Sharing your personal data
SWCD only share your data with third parties outside SWCD with your explicit consent and/or for necessary reasons to offer a service to you:
- For the purposes of processing and securely storing data, e.g. on cloud-based servers managed by third party providers (such as Dropbox, Microsoft 365. WordPress. Blogger, etc.). SWCD ensure that any third-party provider used for this purpose adheres (to the best of knowledge and due diligence) to the Data Protection Action 2018 and the GDPR
- Regulatory Authorities where this is necessary to complete work on your behalf such as Legal Registration or the completion of Annual Returns
- Third parties contracted to provide training and associated services. Providers are contractually required to protect your data and comply with this policy, the Act and GDPR Regulations
- Third parties providing you with associated services (to the extent that this has been previously agreed by you with those organisations and/or SWCD, and who are contractually required to protect your data and comply with GDPR.)
We may need to share your data if we are legally or contractually required to do so.
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
SWCD will never sell or share your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- To request a copy of any data SWCD holds (there will be no charge for the first request, but subsequent requests will be charged at £10),
- SWCD to correct any data that is inaccurate or out of date, data is erased where it is no longer necessary SCS to retain it,
- SWCD provides you data we hold and/or to transmit that data directly to another data controller
- a restriction on further processing while any question of accuracy or our right to hold or process it is resolved
- To object to the processing of personal data
- To lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/your-personal-information-concerns/
Transfer of Data Abroad
SWCD will not do this.
Automated Decision Making
SWCD will not do this.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to SWCD. However, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services, we will not be able to provide our products or services without it.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites you visit. They are widely used and enable many aspects of a website to
How to manage cookies
You can set your browse not to accept cookies.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how
to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the SWCD Data Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we receive a request from you to exercise your rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on a relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
The registered office of SWCD is 10 East Reach, Taunton TA1 3EW, and the company registration number is 06018662.
Contact the Information Commissioners’ Office
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/